REVOLVE is seeking external consultants and freelancers to support our Media Relations.
Your main task will be to ‘get the story out there’ for a given project by establishing and coordinating partnerships with media outlets (print, TV, Radio, multimedia) and by engaging journalists with press briefings and activation events for European and global projects.
We are looking for part-time, pro-active, sharp, energetic professionals with experience in journalism and/or media relations. You should have an eye for detail and excellent intuition for content opportunities and strategic partnerships as well as top quality oral and written communication skills.
Duration : 3-to-6 months, renewable upon results
Location : Brussels, Barcelona or Lisbon, preferably. Remote assignment also possible.
Lead Media Relations:
- Develop external relations with journalists and consolidate media partnerships.
- Lead on all media relations advisory for non-profit and for-profit clients incl. Media & PR strategy, (online) Press Conferences, media briefings, choice and selection of Press Release distribution service provider etc.
- Grow and continuously improve and update the CRM of a global multi-purpose media relations database by integrating / merging all existing data and keeping it updated
- Lead on content development for print, TV, radio and digital media outlets and keep abreast of the ever-changing media landscape and its needs
- Work with the team on developing content for and streamlining media kits incl. infographics and visualized data, and lead the different tactics for media engagement.
- Support the team in revising and fine-tuning newsletters, press releases and other materials.
- Pitch stories to credible media outlets and build meaningful relationships with editors
- Participate in framing and implementing internal content, marketing and media.
- Identify and collaborate with freelancers and/or teams for production of content for media outlets such as audio soundbites, b-roll footage, powerful infographics and imagery, and more
Specific Media and other tasks
- Draft/edit content for REVOLVE Magazine and the REVOLVE website.
- Prepare and write articles and press releases.
- Use Meltwater as a media engagement and tracking tool.
- Oversee the CRM for media relations and the growth of our network.
- Organize regular and/or adhoc activation events (webinars/briefings) with the press.
- Commission quality content and streamline into content operations.
- Activate and implement media relations with project managers.
- Track reporting and oversee leaderboard updates for outreach per project.
- Serve as focal point for all media inquiries and press relations.
- Orgnanize press briefings and launch activation events for Partners.
- Propose creative ways of presenting content and series online for media.
- Structure and engage news agencies and press release agencies outreach.
- Copywriting skills: content planning, proof-reading, quality selection, contributors relationships and prospect
- Advise projects on messaging, statements, speeches, and interviews
Job Qualifications & Attributes
- +3 years of work experience in public relations, communication or journalism. Demonstrated experience in social and environmental sustainability issues is a big attribute; strong project management skills are essential.
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism or a related research field, with hands-on experience in PR / journalism and/or academic experience in environmental policy/science or sustainable development or two+ years of additional relevant experience.
- Written and spoken fluency in English at native speaker level is mandatory. We have a no-typo policy. A second and third language such as French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Arabic, is highly desirable.
- European work authorization and residence is preferred for all REVOLVE opportunities. Exceptionally, we could provide visa sponsorship for this role and assist with work permits.
- Ideal candidate: pro-active personality. Take the initiative. Ask questions. Get the job done. Never miss a deadline. Results oriented. Growth mind-set. Eloquent presenter. Opportunity-seeker. Open to diversity and discussion. Believer in a better world. Embrace mistakes as a learning opportunity, not a failure.
- Existing media network and experience with Brussels press corp a strong advantage
- Knowledge of and experience with social media, and how they relate to mainstream media, as well as data visualizations, visual storytelling also an advantage.
REVOLVE is a communication group fostering cultures of sustainability. We offer a palette of communication services and products ranging from branding and marketing, to graphic design and content development, video production, social media tactics, and media relations. We strive to increase campaign outreach and improve the impact of projects that are geared towards contributing to a more sustainable world.