REVOLVE is seeking full-time Communication Officers to lead communication activities for our external projects by developing and tracking KPIs, creating outreach materials, supporting community engagement and implementing deliverables; while keeping our internal focus on high-value outreach opportunities, building media relations, and carrying out impact reporting.
Support REVOLVE Activities
- Work with team members in implementing REVOLVE’s growth strategy, helping them expand partnerships, and develop the tools, and engage the channels for greater outreach.
- Support the REVOLVE team in the drafting and development of proposals and presentations for tenders, grants and partnerships.
- Participate in and support the REVOLVE publications process, including partner outreach planning, monthly content development and general coordination efforts.
- Provide general administrative support, such as scheduling, event logistics, and other responsibilities as needed.
Manage Project Activities
- Communication activities for projects: event management, content development, monthly conference calls, webinars, media relations and social media channels.
- Serve as key communication manager for projects, helping them develop and implement targeted communications work plans.
- Manage the communications work plan for various initiatives, including coordinating outreach for key reports, events, conferences, and news.
- Lead the project communication teams in creating clear, concise messaging that resonate with specific communities of practice.
- Write and edit content fit for top-quality media, particularly press releases, policy briefs, newsletters, and social media posts, as well as longer articles and features, when required.
- Develop interactive communication products, including slideshows, charts, postcards, videos, and support their design process and promotion for given projects.
- Assist with overseeing media and social media impact of our projects, related to projects and publication launches, meetings, and other announcements.
Job Qualifications & Attributes
- Three+ years of full-time work experience in professional communication, marketing, public relations or journalism. Demonstrated experience in environmental sustainability issues is a big attribute; strong project management skills are essential.
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism or a related research field, with academic experience in environmental policy/science or sustainable development or two+ years of additional relevant experience.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is mandatory. We have a no-typo policy. A second and third language such as French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, is highly desirable.
- Belgian work authorization and residence is preferred for all REVOLVE opportunities. Exceptionally, we can provide visa sponsorship for this role and assist with work permits.
- Ideal candidate: Pro-active personality. Take the initiative. Ask questions. Get the job done. Never miss a deadline. Results oriented. Growth mind-set. Eloquent presenter. Opportunity-seeker. Open to diversity and discussion. Believer in a better world.
REVOLVE is a communication group fostering cultures of sustainability. We offer a palette of communication services and products ranging from branding and marketing, to graphic design and content development, video production, social media tactics, and media relations. We strive to increase campaign outreach and improve the impact of projects that are geared towards contributing to a more sustainable world.