The most ‘ready-for-circularity’ continent?
Co-produced by REVOLVE Circular and Circular Experience, this live-stream about the opportunities and challenges of the circular economy in Africa offers insights into four different perspectives from our distinguished speakers who come from finance, academia, civil society and policy-making:
- Dr Anthony Nyong from the African Development Bank Group
- Dr Olawale Olayide from the Africa Circular Economy Research and Policy Network (ACERPiN)
- Ms. Jocelyne landry Tsonang from the African Circular Economy Network
- Mr. Hezekiah Okeyo from the Ministry of Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development in Kenya
This live-stream builds on our “Spotlight on circularity in Africa” feature in REVOLVE Magazine (Issue #38) that includes interviews with the African Circular Economy Network (ACEN) and the African Circular Economy Alliance (ACEA) plus a story about the role of circular practices for Africa’s urbanization.
The panellists offer an introduction to the circular economy concept and discuss question such as:
- What should young African entrepreneurs know about the opportunities and the potential of the circular economy and circular practices?
- To what extent are circular policies and practices part of Africa’s industrial transformation?
- How can African-led research on the circular economy inform policy-making? And what should the research focus on?
Learn more about circularity in Africa with this live-stream on Thursday, 14 January at 2 pm (WAT)!
#Africa4Circularity #CircularEconomy #CircularCities #AfricaCircular #Sustainability #CircularDesign #Africa